|The Mercy Seat is one of my favorite songs by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Click the link to learn more about the song. I assembled some links to YouTube videos of various people covering song. It’s such an incredible song and nearly every version is fantastic. My favorite is the ‘acoustic’ version by Nick Cave himself, you can see a live version of that one by pressing play on the right.
There are many other Nick Cave songs that are covered on YouTube and for the most part they’re all very good. I think it has more to do with them being really well written songs to begin with.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijKgb9yoJyY (INCREDIBLE Swedish stage production based around the song)
There are many other cover versions on YouTube but I just wanted to link the ‘live’ versions.
Here’s the original Nick Cave album version
1) Dexter – “Go Your Own Way” No Change
2) The Office – “The Surplus” Not Aired
3) Boston Legal – “Juiced” -1
4) 30 Rock – “Reunion” Not Aired
5) Fringe – “Safe” No Change
6) My Name Is Earl – “Reading is a Fundamental Case” Not Aired
7) Pushing Daisies – “Comfort Food” No Change
8) Kath and Kim – “Sacrifice” Not Aired
9) Chuck – “Chuck Versus the Sensei” -2
10) House – “Let Them Eat Cake” -6
11) The Life and Times of Tim – “Theo Strikes Back/Amy Gets Wasted” New to the List
12) Eli Stone – “Happy Birthday Nate” Not Aired
13) American Dad – “Phantom Telethon” Not Aired
14) Heroes – “The Eclipse, Part 2” No Change
15) The Simpsons – “Mypods and Boomsticks” Not Aired
16) King of the Hill – “Straight as an Arrow” Not Aired
17) Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles – “Self Made Man” No Change
My car reached a milestone today, 100,000 miles. I got my Honda Civic brand new back in 1998. I am the only owner and nearly all 100,000 miles were driven by me.
I’m happy to say that I had very little trouble with my Honda over the last 10 years. What trouble I did have was very minor and easily fixable. Here’s to the next 100,000, I hope they’re as pleasant and easy going as my first 100,000.
1) Dexter – “About Last Night” No Change
2) Boston Legal – “Thanksgiving” +6
3) Entourage – “Return to Queen’s Blvd.” No Change
4) House – “Last Resort” +10
5) Fringe – “The Dreamscape” -3
6) Pushing Daisies – “Robbing Hood” No Change
7) Chuck – “Chuck Versus the Gravitron” +4
8) Heroes – “The Eclipse, Part 1” No Change/+9
9) Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles – “Strange Things Happen at the One Two Point” No Change/+11
|This guy called DeLorenzo’s today. He was asking what our hours were. I don’t think I ever answered him due to me laughing so hard. It’s these little things that I find most enjoyable.|
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, unless you’re not American, then in that case, well, too bad, cause we get to eat a lot of pie and you don’t.
Don’t forget. The 2 hour special of 24: Redemption will be airing tonight at 8PM on FOX. It is a warmup to the new season that starts in January. Time to get excited once again!
My aunt passed away late Thursday/early Friday. Here is the obituary from today’s Trenton Times. She will be greatly missed.
Mamie (Valeri) LaBella, 85, entered into God’s Care Friday in the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA. Born in Trenton, she was a lifelong area resident.
Predeceased by her parents Guilio and Caroline (DeCarolis) Valeri and a sister Catherine Parziale, she is survived by her husband of nearly 63 years, Leon J. LaBella; four sons and daughters-in-law, Andrew and Anne LaBella, Robert LaBella and Barbara Cease, Leon and Linda LaBella and Larry and Sherri LaBella; two sisters, Sue Aregnano and Mary Motchnik; her grandchildren and their spouses, Kelly Anne and Richard Hinton, Andrea and Tony Esposito, Julia LaBella and fiancée, Brian Cirillo, Sabrina and Dennis McAnulla, Nicholas LaBella, Dana LaBella, Anthony and Adrienne LaBella and Adria Cease; four great-grandchildren, Anthony Esposito, Joseph LaBella, Isabel Hinton and Madelyn McAnulla; several brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, Carmella LaBella, Molly Constantine, George and Jean Lanna, Mario and Sandy LaBella, several nieces and nephews, and many family and friends.
The funeral will be held 10 a.m. Tuesday from Chambers D’Errico and Correnti Funeral Home, 825 Chambers St. in Trenton. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated 11 a.m. Tuesday in St. Anthony’s Church, 626 South Olden Ave., Hamilton. Burial will follow in St. Mary’s Cemetery in Hamilton. Callings hours will be 8:30-10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. Memorial contributions may be made in her memory to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Mid-Jersey Chapter, 246 Monmouth Road Oakhurst, NJ 07755 (envelopes are available at the Funeral Home).