This commercial is so weird and so funny. I just love the sounds that young Tony Stewart is making. So funny.
In only his second start in a touring series modified car, Ryan Newman drove to a thrilling victory at New Smyrna Speedway on Monday night.
Newman, who started seventh, piloted the No. 7 NY Aggressive Hydraulics modified through the field to claim his first win in a modified and a hard fought victory for car owner Kevin ‘Bono’ Manion.
“That was a lot of fun,” Newman said. “I have to thank Ted (Christopher) because he raced me clean there at the end. It was a pretty exciting race from where I was sitting.
“To win this race is a big deal. I’m not a guy from the Northeast but I know how important of a win this is for these guys.”
Newman quickly drove through the field and into second place where he engaged in a head-to-head battle with legendary modified driver Ted Christopher. The two drivers swapped the top spot numerous times over the final 14 laps of the 25-lap race.
Newman had to endure multiple caution flags and several restarts before taking the lead from Christopher on lap 21 for good to clench his first victory in the modified ranks.
“Tonight was my dad’s birthday, so I think this is a nice present for him,” Newman said. “I’m looking forward to racing and having some more fun here again tomorrow night.”
Newman will race at New Smyrna again on Tuesday. Action begins at 7:30 p.m. ET.
|Yesterday was a beautiful day here in Trenton. The temperature reached 64! Mike Murray and I decided it would be a good day for a little road trip. As the previous week’s snow was melting a way we hit the road and drove up North to the Delaware Water Gap. The crumbling slums of Trenton were now behind us the glorious mountains were on the horizon. Along the hour and a half journey we discussed how awesome the state of New Jersey is. Moments ago we left the capital city and here we are in the rolling hills of Flemington, Clinton and Oxford. New Jersey has such a wide variety of resources in which all are relatively close to each other. We have big cities and small farming communities. Big sporting arenas and casinos to mountains and wildlife preserves. If for some reason New Jersey isn’t good enough, NYC and Philly are just a stone’s throw away, not to mention Baltimore/DC and Boston. We love this state!
Before we arrived at the Delaware Water Gap we stopped of at Hot Dog Johnny’s. A place I last frequented with Mike’s brother Jimmy nearly 4 years ago. It was delicious! The queue was out the door and flooded into the parking lot. After that we went further down the road into the Delaware Water Gap. We were very unprepared for this trip. Even though it was 64 and the snow was melting in Trenton, in the DQG there was still a foot of snow on the ground and it was damn cold. We braved the freezing temperatures and journey to the summit toward Crater Lake and were able to catch a few decent pictures, some of them are displayed on the right, others are up on Facebook. Regardless we had a great time, even saw some of our customers up by the river. Next time we visit will be this summer and we will hike up Kittatinny Point. This time we will be prepared.
1) Battlestar Galactica – “Blood on the Scales” No Change
2) Flight of the Conchords – “The Tough Brets” +2
3) The Office – “Stress Relief” Not Aired
4) Heroes – “A Clear and Present Danger” New
5) 24 – “Day 7: 2:00PM to 3:00PM” No Change
6) Fringe – “The Transformation” -3
7) The Office – “Lecture Circuit” Not Aired
8) 30 Rock – “Generallissimo” Not Aired
9) House – “The Greater Good” -3
10) Kath and Kim – “Idols” Not Aired
11) Lost – “The Little Prince” -9
12) My Name Is Earl – “Randy’s List Item” Not Aired
13) Scrubs – “My Lawyer’s In Love” -6
14) Chuck – “Chuck Versus the Third Dimension” Not Aired
15) Scrubs – “My New Role” -7
There’s this thing going around on Facebook where people post their top 25 random things about themselves. I personally didn’t post one but my sister posted one and I found it absolutely hilarious and decided to post it here on my blog. I hope you all find it as funny as I do:
1. I have had 4 surgeries in the past 4 years.
2. Would love to open up my own school for students with disabilities.
3. Would love to pick up everything and move to Taromino, Sicily.
4. I do about 97% of all yard work.
5. I do about 95% of all house work.
6. I would like to have another boxer puppy.
7. I am the most happy when I’m with my son.
8. I would love to mingle with gorillas. Just call me Dian Fossey.
9. I would love to open up a restaurant or a bagel place.
10. I don’t know how to make bagels.
11. I can never write anything without Chris proofreading it first.
12. Chris proofread this.
13. I’m obsessed with organization and have been wanting to go to the container store FOREVER!
14. Hopefully for Valentines Day, Chris will bring me to the container store.
15. I’m supposively passive-aggressive. I don’t know about that, what do you think?
16. I’m self-conscious about several things. So much so that I can’t share them with you.
17. I hate the gladiator game. Chris, Dan….dorks!
18. During early high school years I attended a modeling school.
19. I have huge feet, size 11. HUGE!
20. I like to steal swords and gold.
21. I can watch a movie, people die, I don’t cry. If an animal dies, I will cry for an hour.
22. I used to go to Karate class and loved it, but it killed my back.
23. I hit a tracter trailer on the turnpike after spinning 4x in a snow storm. Car = Totaled.
24. I am a certified therapy dog carrier and have taken Sebastian to a lock-down school, retirement home, hospital, and a school for children with cerebral palsy.
25. In my adulthood, I have only pooped twice in a public place.
My Ryan Newman fan club package arrived today. Over the years I’ve gotten many little goodies from the fan club, autographed pictures, magnets, license plate frames and other little goodies, besides the yearly fan club t-shirt and membership card. This year they really outdid themselves.
The fan club package arrived today, a lot of odd things were included this year. Everything was packed neatly in a Ryan Newman fan club cooler. I got the usual fan club t-shirt, this years was a nice black one, the others were ugly white ones. I also got the usual fan club membership card and cool little fan club magnet. Ok, pretty cool so far. Also inside were 2 more t-shirts, a sweet U.S. Army shirt AND a very cool Meaty Bone t-shirt. Isn’t that odd? Both shirts are really awesome, much cooler than the actual fan club shirt.
Also included in the cooler is a blank CDR (a yellow one), a fishing lure with Ryan Newman’s autograph on it, a bag of rubber bait worms, a small stick of Old Spice (his teammate Tony Stewart’s sponsor) and a small package that looks like matches from Duraflame but it’s actually green tea stress relief lotion.
Isn’t that awesome? That was a really nice surprise to come home too. Thank you Ryan Newman for being awesome! Oh, and Ryan Newman, i’m from your wife’s home town, if you ever come and visit let me take you out for dinner! Sweet!
NASCAR finally updated the official schedule on their site. I’ve updated my subscription calendars to match that schedule. You can subscribe to all 3 top NASCAR calendars in the File Sharing section.